Sunday, September 9, 2007

9-9-07






Goshdangit, the other thing I was hoping not to see was the party lights on the black & white. I was within sight of my hotel yesterday when there he was. The party pooper said he had clocked me at 79 in a 65. I pleaded, but all he did was drop the ticket down to 75. THANKS A LOT! I guess I was lucky in a strange way because I had gotten up to 100 in a couple of places on the hwy. There wasn't any traffic.
Anyway, I got down to Carlsbad Caverns today, speed limit all the way and from here on. Once you get to the Caverns, you take an elevator down 750 ft. to the "Big Room". There's a mile walk around the room that covers as much ground as 14 football fields. How the first people to explore this found their way around is beyond me. I mean you come up on a rock formation and can't see around it because of all the stalactites, stalacmites, and other obstructions. Well, somebody figured it out and they eventually got this trail in. I took a lot of pictures as I was walking through but with the flash on all the flash light would bounce around and just blur the picture. Without using the flash, the formations came out better, but were fuzzy due to the lens staying open longer. I think I got a few good ones, so see what you think.
I'll be getting back in Texas tomorrow, somewhere near or in Alpine. Buenas noches chimis & changas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making your way back home..
So do they still turn off all the lights in the cave for
a few seconds so that you can expierince total dark
ness? They did that ( I was 12 and about crapped in my boxers). I did it in an underwater cave once and
THATS a real trip..... Later

Dano