Continuing our trip through Saguaro, we stopped at the visitor's center. I guess it was a slow day, because we ended up getting a free tour around this nature trail at the center. As our group came around a corner, we spotted this mountain lion and this black bear. If it hadn't been for the moat and wall, there would have been a lot of freaking out. There was also a hummingbird enclosure that was open to us. I tried like hell to get a picture of the little flitters, but dangitall they are fast.
After this walk, the call of a meal, pool, and a.c. was too much. To Phoenix, we returned.
The day after, I headed out this scenic route east of town. It was a nice ride, with plenty of scenic spots to take some pics. After 15 or 20 mi's on this road, I got to a little bridge, and something just zinged in my head. "I've been here before". Sure enough, across the bridge is a little two building town called Tortilla Flats. It reminds me a lot of Luchenbach. It came to me then that David and I had taken this road the last time I was visiting, only we had started from the other end of the loop. Well, I thought then, what's the sense, so turned back to town. Oh well. I've got another post from Phoenix, so hold on and that'll be coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment