Here's another pic from Zion. That's not a white topped mountain, the white is behind that front crag by about 1/2 mi. or so. If you look at the top right, you can see the white rock trailing off. I saw these little flowers on a small trail to the grotto, from the previous post. I have no idea what they are, but they're the only flowers I've seen in a while. C'mon spring.
Outside of St. George is a ranch where the owner discovered all these dinosaur tracks back in 2000. I suppose a large enough ranch, such as this one, with nothing but desert, no agriculture to speak of, and these tracks still wouldn't have been found except for the wanderings of a curious land owner. These are molds of the tracks and fossills on display in a small museum. Only a few people know their location, and they ain't tellin'. It still amazes me how these have lasted for milleniums. Well, that'll do it for St. George. Next stop....Feenicks.
No comments:
Post a Comment