Saturday, September 8, 2007

9-8-07 #3






Another day at Santa Fe, only this was during Fiesta. The Plaza was closed to traffic, and looked like the whole population was there. This must be a big day here. Of course there was the mariachi band, and as I passed they were doing some old Mexican song for this lady who was celebrating ochenta y siete today. There were the usual turkey legs and funnel cakes for sale, but there were also the fry bread tacos and fajitas. MMmmm. I got a pack of red chile almonds that, as I ate, tended to wait a minute, then attack with a vengeance. Whooo!
After a couple of hours, I headed out to Taos, searching for a restaurant the two ladies from the day before told me about. It's called the Stakeout, and is not in Taos, but as I was told is about 5 mi.s before you get there. I found it. It's off the main road into Taos, down this gravel road a ways. I got a seat in this patio with a view of the mtn.s all around. A filet mignon and a molten chocolate cake later, I was stuffed and ready to be tucked in.
This was my last day around here, tomorrow I'll be in Carlsbad, N.M. to check out the caverns. I'll get back with y'all then. Tata.

No comments: