Sunday, September 30, 2007

9-30-07 #2






I'm at my mom's place here in New Albany, Miss. If I had any sense, I'd be spending time buying kudzu covered land in the hills around due to the Toyota plant going up between here and Tupelo. It's going to be one of those major production sites like the one in San Antonio. The state is already upgrading all the highways around, including a new interstate to Memphis. This is going to be BIG for the state.
Speaking of Memphis, we were going up there one day after I dropped my car off to get a leak fixed in a tire. I noticed her inspection sticker was 9 mo.s overdue, and asked her mechanic friend where to get the inspection done. He directed us to the other side of town, and told us the station was "down in a holler". I had always thought places were "up a holler", but I didn't argue. This picture shows mom's position throughout the inspection. The guy doing the work walked around the car stopping to ask me if there was anything needing fixing. I hadn't driven this car for 3 or 4 yr.s, so I told him as far as I knew, no. Next thing I know he's putting on a new sticker, and mom's writing him a check for $5.00. Safety, Miss. style. Afterward, we went on to Memphis, she did what she needed to do, and we proceeded on over to Corky's BBQ. Dry rub ribs..MMMmmmM!
The next day, our trip took us up to Blue Mtn. This is the college mom attended, and I got a pic of her in front of the Admin. Bldg. In the background is the church she attended, so we took a stroll over to it. I got mom up on the stage to play some piano. We were the only people attending services, so when she broke into "Amazing Grace", I couldn't help myself. I grabbed the Good Book, and commenced to puttin' down sinnin', and praisin' believin'. After a good deal of sweat was worked up, and nobody came in to rededicate their lives, we headed on back to New Albany for a night of C-Span. Don't touch that dial, there's more to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apparently, you missed your calling - you look like a natural up there with the Good Book!! Cute babies, cute Mom! I'm glad you're having a good time, thanks for the update.