Good evening ladies and germs. Hopefully I'll be here for the duration. In explanation of my abscence, the last couple of hotels I booked on the web said there was wireless available......WRONG! I know it's the internet, but you can't trust everything. At my brother David's, his wireless set up for his wife, Suzanne, would not talk to my computer, despite entering her password, which is ***********. Anyway, let's catch up.
After Payson, I headed on down to St. George, Utah. That's outside of Zion National Park. Somewhere along the ride, or the bed in the hotel, my back tightened up. It does that on occasion, and would have been a good excuse when I was working except the one person at that company who had more time in the field had been using that as "his excuse" for years. Alright, enough about that. I rode out to the park, and as this first picture shows, this is about where pine forest ends and desert begins. In the park there are buses that run around all day. Once you've started and something comes along, like a nice hike, spectacular view, museum, etc. then you get out to do whatever you want. Take your time because those buses roll by every 10 min.s or so. Then you can get back in whichever one comes by and head to the next spot. I liked that. The river that cut all these cliffs out is in the second pic. It gets a lot wilder at times. I learned on this day trip that the bottom of Bryce Canyon matches, strata wise, the top of Zion, and the bottom of Zion matches the top of the Grand Canyon. Hmph. Anyway, now that I've wandered, here's a few more pics of Zion. Hasta lumbago.
1 comment:
Happy to hear from you, I could just picture you floating around in cyberspace not able to connect. Sorry to hear about your back - I CAN'T IMAGINE who you could be talking about at your ex-company! HA HA!
Post a Comment