Greetings compadres. The trek continued through Idaho Falls on Monday. I've come to realize that if a town has "Falls" in its name, then it probably has falls in the area. This place was no exception, as evidenced by this goose condo. Canada geese are the bird of choice in the park on the Snake River that runs beside this Merman Temple.
I left Idaho Falls Tuesday, and ended up in Payson, Utah; a small town on IH-15 about 12 mi's south of Provo. I got out today, and drove through the Uinta National Forest. It's in the southern area of the Wasatch Range. There are a few lakes scattered through the park with this being one of the Payson Lakes. A lot of the beech, I believe, trees along this trail have been carved on like this one. This was one time I wished I had a knife on me. "Texasippi O" would'a worked.
One of the main things I didn't want to happen on this trip, happened today. I pulled over to an overlook off the park road, parked, took some pic's, got back in my car, backed up, turned the wheels to get away from some parking posts on the passenger's side, gassed it, and WHAM! Hit a rock on the driver's side. It sounded a lot worse than it was, nothing to keep me sidelined, so.....undaunted, our hero plunged ahead. This last picture is of Mt. Nebo, tallest peak in the Wasatch. It looks to me like the top is above the tree line, which I imagine is a certain elev., but I don't know what that elevation is. Go figure.
My next stop is going to be around Zion Nat'l Park. I'll catch y'all later with more. G'day mates.
4 comments:
I guess today its "Big jacknutacusscant drive his carfromtexas" Its bad enough that they think we are just a bunch of jack-nut cowboys now they think we dont know how to drive. Do us a favor Owen and find
a flat road and see if you just cant keep it between the lines... Hope the Bonniville salt flats are your next stop....I think I might have come up with something like " A big bear jumped out in front of the car and I swerved to miss hitting it and its cub...
Dang big rock.................
Its been a week since we heard from you last..
Was-up ???!!!
Owen, where are you????? I'm feeling a little lost...
Owen, this isn't funny anymore! Are you OK?
Post a Comment