Monday, July 30, 2007

7-30-07 #1






Well I said there was going to be a different view of Acadia coming out yesterday, but the fog and rain kept me waiting for my ride to arrive. Outside the tour starting point were these Adirondack chairs that were perfect for twiddling. After an hour or so, I made arrangements to come back tomorrow, and set off to do some more sightseeing. This second picture is of Long Lake, one of the three or four lakes in the park formed by glaciers. Clear and cold. I was getting a little hungry as the day went, so I drove into one of the harbor towns on the island, Southwest Harbor. It's typical of the towns around here with piers, and boats...boats...boats. As I took the pier picture, I noticed to my left this restaurant. It sat right on the docks and was advertising lobsters. As I went in, there were tanks with the various sized lobsters. I picked out a 2.5 pounder, didn't feel a bit of remorse as they threw it in a small net and cinched it up. 25 min,'s later I was tearing into a succulunt boiled lobster that has to be the best seafood I've ever had. Good Lord, that was good eating. After I finished eating and hosing down to clean up, I was back on the park road. This lighthouse is at Bass Harbor. A coast guard family lives in the house year around, Talk about some sweet living arrangements. If my original plans come through tomorrow, I'll give y'all that different view I was talking about. We'll talk again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, no comments about wild _____________your pics of the country where you are going are plenty good enough. In fact, that last pic of the lake is my new MAC sceen-saver...I look forward to checking to see if you have logged anything new..Keep it up!!! Like the girl said...Its almost like we are there with you..
in a way, we are (Forrest Gump) dont start crying ya big dummy..Really though keep it up...IT really is like we are there with you.......Dannyboy

Anonymous said...

Cool! Did you say, "oh, de Gs, oh, de Gs"? That is truly beautiful country. Hope you've missed the blackflies. Eat more lobster. This is a wonderful way to travel - looking forward to something new every day!