Friday, July 27, 2007

7-27-07






Let the unadulterated envy begin. Today, in the year of our lord 2007 A. D., on the 27th day of the month of July, yours truly did see and photograph the blessed sunrise. I am the first person to do so, on this day, from these United Fricking States of America. I was at the summit of Cadillac Mtn., the highest point on the east coast of Acadia National Park. Oh, there were other people on the Mtn., but I claim first sighting in honor of those who came and failed. I declare myself the "King of the Crack of Ridiculous".
After the ceremony, I roamed around part of the park for a couple of hours. This place is the most amazing piece of nature that I've seen on this trip. I thought, as I drove along the coast, that this must be a miniature version of the Pacific Coast Hwy. in Cal. Though it's not small by any means. The main park road is 27 mi., and there are a bunch of other trails, side roads, scenic points, etc. I'll be making a return trip tomorrow, and hopefully get some shots from a different angle.
On the way back to Bangor, I stopped in Bar Harbor for a bit. This has to be the most scenic town on the coast. It's on the same large island as Acadia, with docks, shops, restaurants, tour boats, and much more. After seeing more of the park tomorrow, I'm going to visit again. Hopefully it doesn't rain as they're forecasting, but if these weathermen are as reliable as others around the country I'd say I've got a good chance to have a nice day. I'll get back with y'all. Toodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bangor as is in Maine? Our buddy Stephen King lives
there.. Watch your step the next few days....We DO
hope to hear from you again...OH PLEASE......