I knew this day would get here, but I keep wishing for one more. Left the Keys this morning with some fond memories, but still wondering what it would have been like 15 yr.s ago..."gimmee oysters and beer". Some of my best memories are of that trip out to the Dry Tortugas, clearest water I've ever seen, amazing old fort. The restaurants , ahh, I liked the food a lot, crab cakes, grouper sandwiches, lot of fruits, and of course the shrimp either grilled, broiled, fried, steamed, boiled, etc. I guess my favorite place ended up being this little Cuban joint, MO's, great jerk chicken with a papaya and Scotch Bonnet peppers hot sauce, and fried plantains. YAARRRR! I did a lot of wandering around..there is no need for a car once you get into Old Town..but I didn't try to participate in the "Duval Crawl". That's a little beyond me...now. I'd love to fly down at another time, and see what I missed, but this was great. Well, I guess I'll be heading back up north for a while. I'm thinking of hitting the Kennedy Space Center. That stuff fascinates me. Here's hoping that one day I'll again be strolling down the avenue that's known as A-1-A. Adios...KLINK!
Monday, July 2, 2007
7-02-07
I knew this day would get here, but I keep wishing for one more. Left the Keys this morning with some fond memories, but still wondering what it would have been like 15 yr.s ago..."gimmee oysters and beer". Some of my best memories are of that trip out to the Dry Tortugas, clearest water I've ever seen, amazing old fort. The restaurants , ahh, I liked the food a lot, crab cakes, grouper sandwiches, lot of fruits, and of course the shrimp either grilled, broiled, fried, steamed, boiled, etc. I guess my favorite place ended up being this little Cuban joint, MO's, great jerk chicken with a papaya and Scotch Bonnet peppers hot sauce, and fried plantains. YAARRRR! I did a lot of wandering around..there is no need for a car once you get into Old Town..but I didn't try to participate in the "Duval Crawl". That's a little beyond me...now. I'd love to fly down at another time, and see what I missed, but this was great. Well, I guess I'll be heading back up north for a while. I'm thinking of hitting the Kennedy Space Center. That stuff fascinates me. Here's hoping that one day I'll again be strolling down the avenue that's known as A-1-A. Adios...KLINK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your trip sounds great so far....Here in ole Austin and surrounding places it just keeps raining and raining and raining and rai.......
Post a Comment