I went to the NASA visitors center today. It was $38 to get in, and all of the experiences were free, but of course water was $2.25 a bottle. I started the tour with the new Shuttle lift off simulation. Good night nurse, if anyone has kidney stones this is the way to pulverize them. The seats went vertical right before lift-off, and as the ride into space took off, the seats had these lumbar supports that amazingly felt like G-forces. As you can see from the portrait, I was pretty calm. After that everybody got on the tour buses that took us out to the Vehicle Assembly building, and beyond. They let us all climb this tower for a 360 degree view of the launch areas. We were no closer than three miles to the launch pads, security or something. On the way back past the assembly building, you could see the next shuttle being prepared for its mission in early August. Next on the tour was a trip to an Appollo exhibit, then back to the visitors center. There I saw the I-Max movie, "Magnificent Desolation", about the trips to the moon. Outside of there is the "Rocket Garden"...I think the name says it all. The visit took about 5 hr.'s, I was impressed with it and would recommend the experience. I'll talk later. Y'all be good.
Friday, July 6, 2007
7-06-07
I went to the NASA visitors center today. It was $38 to get in, and all of the experiences were free, but of course water was $2.25 a bottle. I started the tour with the new Shuttle lift off simulation. Good night nurse, if anyone has kidney stones this is the way to pulverize them. The seats went vertical right before lift-off, and as the ride into space took off, the seats had these lumbar supports that amazingly felt like G-forces. As you can see from the portrait, I was pretty calm. After that everybody got on the tour buses that took us out to the Vehicle Assembly building, and beyond. They let us all climb this tower for a 360 degree view of the launch areas. We were no closer than three miles to the launch pads, security or something. On the way back past the assembly building, you could see the next shuttle being prepared for its mission in early August. Next on the tour was a trip to an Appollo exhibit, then back to the visitors center. There I saw the I-Max movie, "Magnificent Desolation", about the trips to the moon. Outside of there is the "Rocket Garden"...I think the name says it all. The visit took about 5 hr.'s, I was impressed with it and would recommend the experience. I'll talk later. Y'all be good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The whole NASA trip looks pretty neat..Did you find out if you are astro-nut materail ?
Hey Owen, looks like you're having a great time, wish I was there.... Don't forget you owe me a lunch when you get back!
Cheryl
Post a Comment