I've gone up north. Took off from Philly Tuesday and headed toward the north pole. I wasn't sure where I was going to stop for the night until I stopped at the visitor's center entering New York (state). Saw a flyer for Saratoga, and had heard some good things about it, so off I went. Got to Saratoga about 3:00 and went to check for a room. Well, it just so happens that the horse racing season started the next day so there were no rooms to be found. I ended up in Glen Falls for the night. Talk about a tourist town. They have it all, outlet malls, a rodeo, a water park, a theme park, etc. It was, though, all I could do to stay out of the L.L. Bean outlet. Wednesday was another travel day, so I took a long slow drive across Vermin, New Hampster, Mange and settled into Bangor for a few days. After sleeping all morning, I took off to roam part of the city today. Their local farmer's market was going on, and a band "The Retro Rockers" was setting up. All the band is in their 50's, so it was taking them a while. I was going to wait around, but next thing I knew this other band had backed their trailer near the stage, then started to unload. I gave up. I don't know where this fascination with churches came from, but there was another one right there. It was getting a little late, and I want to get an early start tomorrow so I went to eat at the Sea Dog, on the waterfront. It's a brew pub/restaurant. I ended up getting a lobster roll, then for dessert they had choices of cheesecakes made with their beer. I had a slice of the blueberry, yep, blueberry beer. It was gooood! Later taters, we'll talk soon.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
7-26-07
I've gone up north. Took off from Philly Tuesday and headed toward the north pole. I wasn't sure where I was going to stop for the night until I stopped at the visitor's center entering New York (state). Saw a flyer for Saratoga, and had heard some good things about it, so off I went. Got to Saratoga about 3:00 and went to check for a room. Well, it just so happens that the horse racing season started the next day so there were no rooms to be found. I ended up in Glen Falls for the night. Talk about a tourist town. They have it all, outlet malls, a rodeo, a water park, a theme park, etc. It was, though, all I could do to stay out of the L.L. Bean outlet. Wednesday was another travel day, so I took a long slow drive across Vermin, New Hampster, Mange and settled into Bangor for a few days. After sleeping all morning, I took off to roam part of the city today. Their local farmer's market was going on, and a band "The Retro Rockers" was setting up. All the band is in their 50's, so it was taking them a while. I was going to wait around, but next thing I knew this other band had backed their trailer near the stage, then started to unload. I gave up. I don't know where this fascination with churches came from, but there was another one right there. It was getting a little late, and I want to get an early start tomorrow so I went to eat at the Sea Dog, on the waterfront. It's a brew pub/restaurant. I ended up getting a lobster roll, then for dessert they had choices of cheesecakes made with their beer. I had a slice of the blueberry, yep, blueberry beer. It was gooood! Later taters, we'll talk soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are getting around pretty good for an old fart..
save some energy for the trip home so we can explain to you how to tell the sex of a chipmonk.....
Post a Comment