Hiiidy hi, neighbors, and neighborettes. For the last few days I've been heading west, staying away from the big cities along the Great Lakes. I saw Lake Superior one time, so I figure I've got lake tours covered. Passing through mid New York state, I was out one day, just tooling around, when I ran up on this covered bridge. It had a plaque saying it was the largest "of its kind" in the U.S. I don't know about that, but if you can read the sign over the entry to the bridge, you'll notice the speed limit back then. There is another lake picture, which is one feature in abundance around the New England area, and south.
It rained for a couple of days as I continued, so I did a good bit of laying around the hotels between driving days. I ended up in Indianapolis for a day, and got by to see the racetrack and museum. They offered a tour of one lap around the track in a bus. The ladies selling tickets looked like they had been there since the track was built. I asked one how much it'd cost for me to do a lap in my car...... she didn't have much of a sense of humor. Anyway I did the bus trip. I was kind'a surprised the track was not heavily banked, it's only 9 degrees through the turns. Here's a view down the main straight, and there is the "Yard of Bricks". I'm definitely watching the race next year on T.V., and screaming "I was right there" every time they show the start/finish line. Anyone willing to put up with me for 4 hr.s?
Okey dokey then. My next planned stop is the Badlands in South Dakota. I'll gab at y'all later. Hasta lumbago.
2 comments:
When I opened up this morning to see if you had posted anything I noticed there were no comments yet. Thought to my self, now I can change that....
The bridge pic brought back memories. There use
to be an old wood bridge I think around Granger
some where. I remember it as a kid...On those rainy
days when you are just lying around in a room think
WNDG's. They are out there somewhere.......
tooddles, chio, adios,see ya...........
MAN, YOU ARE TAKING MY TRIP! PLEASE GO TO DEADWOOD, S.D, FOR ME. YOU CAN TELL 'EM ALL THAT I WEAR A T-SHIRT THAT SAYS "AL SWEARINGEN FOR PRESIDENT."
Hasta lunesta,
Betty Mac
Post a Comment