This first pic is between Broadus and Ashland, Montana on Hwy. 212. BOOORING! This is the typical landscape on the eastern half of the "Treasure State". Somewhere along this ride, I got my 10,000th mi. on my trip. Now that's some kind'a summer vacation. I got into Billings yesterday afternoon, and after finding my exit under construction, eventually got to the hotel 1/2 hr. later. Today, I tooled on down to Red Lodge, a town at the foothills of the Beartooth Mtn.s. This plaque is on the original bank building in town. I was chuckling as I read it because I kept thinking about the Butch & Sundance movie.
After a little time in Red Lodge, I headed on out to this other little town near the top of the mtn.s. This is Cooke, Montana, a town that caters to the biker crowd, if you couldn't guess. This one little bar, "Hoosiers", tells me there were gold hunters from everywhere out here at one time. I bet this was one wild place about 150 yr.s back.
Check out today's second blog for some scenery between these two towns. Awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment