I took a trip out to Deadwood and Lead on Wed. Betty, I asked around but there isn't any place in Deadwood that has anything to do with the T.V. show. It's a typical tourist town, with shops, restaurants, and casinos. The casinos out here are in strip malls, residential areas, and just generally hanging around like convenience stores. I didn't go in any, so I had as much money when I left town as I did when I got there. It's kind of strange walking around because the new buildings are built to resemble the old ones. Don't know which is which, but I got a few pics of ones that appeared to be authentic. This "Oldest Bar" didn't appear to have a name, except for "Buffalo". What gives? After touring around for a while, I headed on out to Lead, Deadwood's sister city. I particularly wanted to be there for a late lunch, so I could say "I ate Lead in South Dakota", but as I found out, the town is pronounced leed, not led. Well damnitall, I'm sticking to my guns. I ate Led. This is the Stampmill Inn, where I had lunch. It looks old, huh? Anyway, I'll talk to Y'all again. The scenery out here is great, but I have yet to spot a buffalo herd. I know they're here. Ta ta gang.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
8-15-07 #1
I took a trip out to Deadwood and Lead on Wed. Betty, I asked around but there isn't any place in Deadwood that has anything to do with the T.V. show. It's a typical tourist town, with shops, restaurants, and casinos. The casinos out here are in strip malls, residential areas, and just generally hanging around like convenience stores. I didn't go in any, so I had as much money when I left town as I did when I got there. It's kind of strange walking around because the new buildings are built to resemble the old ones. Don't know which is which, but I got a few pics of ones that appeared to be authentic. This "Oldest Bar" didn't appear to have a name, except for "Buffalo". What gives? After touring around for a while, I headed on out to Lead, Deadwood's sister city. I particularly wanted to be there for a late lunch, so I could say "I ate Lead in South Dakota", but as I found out, the town is pronounced leed, not led. Well damnitall, I'm sticking to my guns. I ate Led. This is the Stampmill Inn, where I had lunch. It looks old, huh? Anyway, I'll talk to Y'all again. The scenery out here is great, but I have yet to spot a buffalo herd. I know they're here. Ta ta gang.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment