Tuesday, August 14, 2007

8-14-07 #1






Greetings from the land of giant heads. Made it out to Rushmore yesterday, and after finally finding my way out of the parking area, started roaming the grounds. This is the walk of flags as you enter the viewing area. Here they are, the four lads from America. There is a trail that gets you around to the base of the mountain. There are spots along the trail that were put there for more, and different, angles of the monument. The one I really liked was from this crack in the rocks. The spot only had room for one person at a time, so everyone was lining up for one picture, then got the hell out of the way. There was another good spot at the bottom for a pic, so I got that, did some wandering through the artist's studio, gift shop, etc. This was an awe inspiring site. I spent a lot more time here than the pic's would indicate. After Mt. Rushmore, I headed downn to the Crazy Horse Monument. More to come!
P.S. I guess you can give most any monkey a golf club and eventually they'll hit it straight. Congrats on the hole-in-one Curtis.......skill? HAH! You claiming it was a sand wedge?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Touristy or not, the BIG heads are something I have always wanted to see. I bet you wish it were Dilbert
MiClinton but life is full of dissapointments. Grab
some free rocks for me while you are there if you had'nt already left....and keep up the good work.
You are taking ALL of us who watch on a vacation..
If you go to Montana and you go thru Butte, be sure to call up Tammy Shea. ( you remember her from
the Outhouse. She might be the closest thing to a
wild nekid dancing girl you see on this trip.....