Saturday, June 30, 2007

6-30-07 #2






This is a picture of the interior of the fort. It took up a lot of ground. I walked around the top, and can attest to its size. There was a small boat on the beach. That's it in front of the Coast Guard ship. They were there to load it up, and haul it off. It had come ashore two days before our trip, and the odd thing is it held 19 Cubans. The Tortugas are American property, so they made it to the U.S. They've probably already started a Cuban restaurant. Notice the inside of the boat with that ratty ass motor and rusty old rudder. A Coast Guard guy said they were probably bailing the whole way. Sheesh! I went snorkeling while we were there. I can see I need some longer arms for any future underwater shots. Anyway, as I was tooling around, I got surrounded by this school of little fish, each about two inches long. Bait fish? Dun..dun/dun..dun.

No comments: