I was driving down the road the other day, and this sign caught my eye. I asked the lady working there what it said. She said she had been working there for over 30 yr.s, and had no idea. Therefore, I figured, due to the exploding cloud, it probably meant "full of gas". How appropriate. This big catamaran was what we took out to the Dry Tortugas, a small island about 70 mi.s west of the keys. The whole way out, the boat was shifting right to left and back. I asked one of the mates what the deal was. He told me it had something to do with the double hull, and the waves hitting from the side and other stuff. It's called "walking". He said all cats do it. Anyway we got to the island, and this fort took up the entire area. It was built during the War Of Northern Aggression...Civil War to some. 70 mi.s from the nearest land, and someone figured it needed a moat. Our government was at their finest.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
6-29-07 #1
I was driving down the road the other day, and this sign caught my eye. I asked the lady working there what it said. She said she had been working there for over 30 yr.s, and had no idea. Therefore, I figured, due to the exploding cloud, it probably meant "full of gas". How appropriate. This big catamaran was what we took out to the Dry Tortugas, a small island about 70 mi.s west of the keys. The whole way out, the boat was shifting right to left and back. I asked one of the mates what the deal was. He told me it had something to do with the double hull, and the waves hitting from the side and other stuff. It's called "walking". He said all cats do it. Anyway we got to the island, and this fort took up the entire area. It was built during the War Of Northern Aggression...Civil War to some. 70 mi.s from the nearest land, and someone figured it needed a moat. Our government was at their finest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment