After a good night of sleeping without too much snoring and roaring coming from the other guests, we all got up a little after sunrise and chowed down on eggs, fruit, cheese, and Tang. I hadn't seen Tang in a long time, especially what we had, "Mango Tango". It hit the spot. Later, I hitched on with Suzanne, Steph, and Mingo for some more travails on the ranch road. I was just along for the ride but I think the main purpose of this whole trip out to the ranch was to get Suzanne oriented on the areas, and ranches that Steph was wanting to buy for this Tropical Deciduous Forest. "Buy" meaning solicit money from government grants, and private individuals. We were jiggling along, stopping every now and then for a quick planning session from the front seat. Mingo and I had the back seat under control. Another case of me not speaking Spanish with someone not speaking English. After some time, we pulled over in front of this thatched hut, with cocina to the side as usual. Stephanie said a young couple was living here for a while. I mean this is out at least 7 mi.s from the nearest other residents with no electricity, clean water, or any amenities. I couldn't do that. Anyway we piled out of the truck and took off walking toward these mountains pictured. After 30 min.s +/- of walking around this mountain on a barely detectable trail, we ended up at this oasis in the desert. It's a small stream, (I couldn't say it was flowing), that runs between the mountains and was the perfect place to flop down, shake the shoes and cool your feet. As we hung our feet in the water, these small little fish, not minnows, would swim up and start nipping at our feet. That was a wonderful experience as we sat for 15 min.s or so just letting them nibble away. I didn't want to leave, but we had to get on back to the ranch so we could get our stuff together for the ride back to Alamos later that afternoon. This one pic is of Mingo, Steph, and Suzanne on the trail back to the truck. I liked this part of the ride a lot. As we were tooling along, heading back to the ranch, Stephanie pulled over and pointed out this cross along the fence line. I got this picture, but it really struck me that someone had been buried there for who knows how long, and probably no one had any idea who it was, who had buried her/him, or if there were any relatives that had any idea where this was. Strange.
We finally got back to the ranch house; still living on Stephanie time; and got everything ready for the ride back to David and Suzannes. I took this one last photo of this mountain right behind the ranch house. I've got some more pictures to share, but being out of room, I'll go on and say bye for now and get some pics on Vol. 5, Pt. 2. (Doggone it, I got mixed up on some pictures I talked about, and what actually got downloaded. I think the only one that's not in this group is the one of Suzanne, Stephanie, and Mingo on the trail back to the truck. I'll make sure that gets in Pt. 2.)
No comments:
Post a Comment