Hi guys. After spending the night in Erie, Pa. I was back on the road heading out for the great midwest. I made a stop in Indianopolis to check out the race track and museum. I got a bus ride around the track with a stop on top of the bricks that are from the original track, and now make up the finish line. The museum is pretty neat if you are into fast cars, although it has so much more than just the winning cars from most of the Indy 500's.
I kept on westward after a couple of days in Indy, one for just a day of rest, and made it out to Iowa. I stayed in Davenport for a couple of days to check out some of the life along the river, then continued the trek to South Dakota. After a few days in Des Moines, then Sioux Falls, I stopped along the road to check out the Corn Palace in Mitchell, S.D. It's not only a fascinating building, but it's history is also very interesting. The inside of the building is a museum of all the previous versions of the corn art that makes up the outsides.
There was plenty to keep me in Rapid City for a few days, with Mt. Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, and time in Wounded Knee. I talked to some of the natives that live in, and around Wounded Knee, and got very involved in talking history, and seeing some of the graves from the battle. The Black Hills are a wonderful place to visit for a few days.
Next on my agenda was Billings, Montana for some time in the mountains. I spent my days driving through the mountains, and checking out some of the little towns that were dotted along the mountain road. I got some of my favorite landscape pics during these day trips, with getting to the highest point in the Shoshone Range being a highlite, except for my choice in clothing. It was chilly that day with a high wind and a light mist and me in my shorts and t-shirt.
I got to planning stops after Montana, because then I was starting to try to get to family members at agreed on times. I had stops in Idaho Falls, north Utah, then St. George, Utah before getting to David and Suzanne's place in Phoenix, with the stop in St. George and Zion National Park being a highlite of the trip. Okay, it's on to the oven that is Arizona, so I'll get back to all later. Ta ta for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment