I guess it's about time to continue the overviews from the trip. After Annapollis, the road led me up to Philadelphia for a couple of days. The main reason for heading this way was an opportunity to see my old dear friend Q. After finding her house, which I only passed one time, she needed to go to the local Fed-Ex to pick up an e-bay package. I went along in her sporty Toyota Spyder, a convertible, on the search for the package depot. It's a fine ride, and I was enjoying not having to drive. There was a slight bit of "lost in the burbs", but there was also a minute of thrill. This idiot got behind us and honked his horn at the wrong time. After Sue blew his doors off, she pulled to the side of the road giving me enough time to peel my eyelids back off my forehead. With my sight restored, and her rage satiated, we found the depot, got the package, and ended up spending the day cruising, touring, eating, and visiting. I had a ball. The rest of the time in Philly was spent going to the Delaware Forest, seeing the Bridal Falls, taking some pics, and noshing at a fruit stand on the best plums I had on the whole trip.
From here I went on up through New York, then across Vermont and New Hampshire to Bangor, Maine. This was my home base for about a week while I visited Acadia National Park. If I went back again I'd get a B&B in Bar Harbor, a beautiful town with shopping, tours, and great food. I would also recommend any one to take the bi-plane flight around the islands. It was a bit expensive, but this was the only chance in my life to get to fly in an open airplane, pllus get to handle the stick for a while. I had a grin that wouldn't quit for the whole flight. The whale watching tour was real neat, although they didn't get very close to the boat. They said there are times when the whales breach right beside the tour boat, but they were rather shy that day. During my time there, I had what could probably be the best meal I've ever had. A fresh boiled lobster in this funky little restaurant right on a dock. It's everything people say about fresh lobster, picking out the one from the live tank, and waiting about twenty minutes for the lobster, corn on the cob, and some new potatos. SSHHHLLLUUUUURRRRRPPPPP! AAAHHH. The next part of my trip involved crossing the mid-west, and trecking out to the Badlands of South Dakota. My next review will contain memories of the road ride, and spending some time getting to the Dakotas. This is kind'a neat, going back after a few weeks, refreshing memories. I'll continue later. Toodles noodles.
No comments:
Post a Comment